AMD CFO Seifert Resigns, Sr. VP Devinder Kumar Interim CFOAdded on Sep 18, 2012 by
Advanced Micro Devices announced Monday that its chief financial officer, Thomas Seifert, has resigned from his post and that a hunt is on for his replacement.
AMD has appointed Devinder Kumar, senior vice president and corporate controller, as interim CFO until a replacement is found. Seifert will stay on at the chip maker until the end of September to help with the transition, AMD said.
Seifert joined AMD in 2008 and has been one of the few remaining executives from the management team that included former CEO Dirk Meyer and former product chief Rick Bergman.
Seifert was made CEO on an interim basis after Meyer's resignation and played a key role in the search for AMD's new CEO, a job other executives including Apple's Tim Cook, Oracle's Mark Hurd and VMware's Pat Gelsinger were said to have shied away from.
AMD ultimately appointed former Lenovo President and Chief Operating Officer Rory Read in August last year.
AMD has since overhauled the management team, appointing Mark Papermaster as chief technology officer and Lisa Su as senior vice president and general manager of the global business units.
Seifert left on his own accord, an AMD spokesman said.
"Seifert's departure is not based on any disagreement over the company's accounting principles or practices, or financial statement disclosures," AMD said in a statement.
AMD has been struggling financially and in July reported that its quarterly profit declined by 40 percent year over year to US$37 million, with revenue dropping 10 percent to $1.41 billion. The company blamed a weak consumer PC market for the lower profits.
Kumar joined AMD in 1984 as a financial analyst. He became corporate controller in 2001.
- Can SDN Usher in Better IT Security?
- CryptoWall Ransom Trojan Has Infected 625,000 Systems, Says Dell SecureWorks
- As Tablet Growth Slows, Apple May Face a Year-long iPad Sales Contraction
- Intel Amps Up Desktop Performance With Its First 8-Core PC Chip
- Appeals Court Denies Oracle Request to Restore USD 1.3 Billion Judgment Against SAP
- Apple Will Keep Pushing for a Sales Ban on Samsung Products
- Former WatchGuard Exec Mohit Puri Joins Cyberoam
- HP Address New Analytics Requirements with New Launch
- Infor Launches Modules for Organizations Turn Insight to Action
- Symantec Launches Backup Exec 2014 in India
- Netflix Open Sources Internal Threat Monitoring Tools
- Intel Makes the World's Smallest IoT Modem
- PC Market in 2014 a Bit Less Dire Than Previously Thought
- Salesforce.com CRM Upgrade Puts Heavy Emphasis on Mobile
- Microsoft Rolls Out DLP to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business