Asia Pacific businesses embracing emerging technologies, IT firm saysAdded on Mar 20, 2012 by
IT firm EMC reports that a growing number of enterprises in the Asia Pacific region, regardless of size, continue to seek advanced IT solutions.
This trend is noticed after the company closed the Fiscal Year of 2011 where the Asia Pacific region has largely contributed. It ended at a 10.9% growth from its expected 8.3% forecasted backdrop. "Asia Pacific IT spending grew faster than the other parts of the world," relates Ronnie Latinazo, Country Manager, EMC Philippines.
SMBs Take A Leap
In the Philippines alone, the company has gained a 10% year-on-year growth wherein the last quarter alone contributed a 25% quarter-on-quarter growth rate. This, according to Latinazo, reflects the market's continuous need to adopt various emerging technologies in the coming years. "What we're seeing is the pendulum is swinging to the hybrid cloud," says Latinazo.
After touching a huge market of the high-end enterprises locally, EMC has successfully entered the mid-range market with 40.13% share in the external disk sector alone. "We really wanted to grow in the midrange," he says. "Today we have over 200 customers [which includes] SMB customers."
A recent survey projects that security, storage, virtualization and the cloud will top companies' IT spending. Likewise, EMC intends to focus on these solutions in the coming years.
"EMC's vision, strategy and roadmap is in lock-step with two of the biggest trends in technology - cloud and big data," says Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products.
The big SMB segment is also looking at the cloud as a solution. "Companies don't have enough money to continue what they are doing," says Latinazo. "You will see developments in the cloud."
EMC highlights that the products to come out in the future will feature cloud and big data capabilities.
- Former WatchGuard Exec Mohit Puri joins Cyberoam
- HP Address New Analytics Requirements with New Launch
- Infor Launches Modules for Organizations Turn Insight to Action
- Symantec Launches Backup Exec 2014 in India
- Netflix Open Sources Internal Threat Monitoring Tools
- Intel Makes the World's Smallest IoT Modem
- PC Market in 2014 a Bit Less Dire Than Previously Thought
- Salesforce.com CRM Upgrade Puts Heavy Emphasis on Mobile
- Microsoft Rolls Out DLP to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- VMware Unifies IT Management with VMware Workspace Suite
- Propalms is Now Thinspace
- Firefox OS to Outdo Android on Granular Application Permissions
- Seagate Scoffs at Helium, Ships World's First 8TB Hard Drive
- EMC Gives VMware Admins the Reins to Replication and Recovery
- Server Sales Have Turned a Corner, IDC Says