Asia Pacific businesses embracing emerging technologies, IT firm saysAdded on Mar 20, 2012 by
IT firm EMC reports that a growing number of enterprises in the Asia Pacific region, regardless of size, continue to seek advanced IT solutions.
This trend is noticed after the company closed the Fiscal Year of 2011 where the Asia Pacific region has largely contributed. It ended at a 10.9% growth from its expected 8.3% forecasted backdrop. "Asia Pacific IT spending grew faster than the other parts of the world," relates Ronnie Latinazo, Country Manager, EMC Philippines.
SMBs Take A Leap
In the Philippines alone, the company has gained a 10% year-on-year growth wherein the last quarter alone contributed a 25% quarter-on-quarter growth rate. This, according to Latinazo, reflects the market's continuous need to adopt various emerging technologies in the coming years. "What we're seeing is the pendulum is swinging to the hybrid cloud," says Latinazo.
After touching a huge market of the high-end enterprises locally, EMC has successfully entered the mid-range market with 40.13% share in the external disk sector alone. "We really wanted to grow in the midrange," he says. "Today we have over 200 customers [which includes] SMB customers."
A recent survey projects that security, storage, virtualization and the cloud will top companies' IT spending. Likewise, EMC intends to focus on these solutions in the coming years.
"EMC's vision, strategy and roadmap is in lock-step with two of the biggest trends in technology - cloud and big data," says Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products.
The big SMB segment is also looking at the cloud as a solution. "Companies don't have enough money to continue what they are doing," says Latinazo. "You will see developments in the cloud."
EMC highlights that the products to come out in the future will feature cloud and big data capabilities.
- VMware VForum 2014: SDDC and Hybrid Cloud a Reality in India
- Twitter, IBM Form Partnership Around Analytic Apps
- EMC Unveils Hybrid Cloud Solution
- Microsoft 'Almost' Wraps Up Largest Layoff Sweep in its History
- RAH Infotech Becomes Exclusive India Disty for Garland Technology
- India is The Fastest Growing and Third Largest Start-Up Ecosystem Globally: Report
- RSA Announces Amit Yoran as the New Company President
- IT Leaders Struggling With Protecting Businesses: Fortinet Survey
- TCS and VMware to Deliver Enterprise Applications for SDDC
- A10 Networks Appoints Gunter Reiss as Vice President of Strategic Sales
- Amazon Launches USD 39 Chromecast Competitor
- Microsoft Leans on Datacenter Strength to Get Cloud Edge
- IBM Sends Cognos, SPSS to the Cloud
- Google Shakeup Puts Sundar Pichai In-charge of...Almost Everything
- EMC Snaps Up Three Startups to Help Build Hybrid Clouds