EMC World 2016 scheduled from 2 - 5 May this year was anticipated to be much different than its previous editions. And it turned out so with Dell EMC merger and related announcements being the cornerstone of this annual event.
ChannelWorld India spoke to some of the enterprise channel organizations who are also key EMC partners from India attending the event. Here are the responses of the business stakeholders on their three key takeaways from EMC World 2016.
Santosh Agrawal, Director, Esconet Technologies
1. Flash, scale out and everything software defined. Many existing product lines announced to be directly interfaced with cloud or cloud ready--and this aligns well with modern customer needs.
2. Dell and EMC strategy to leverage joint partner eco-system sounds exciting. Michael Dell's reassuring commitment was a boost for EMC partners.
3. Unity hybrid and all-flash storage arrays at unprecedented price might give nightmares to the competition.
Sunil Gupta, Director, F1 InfoTech
1. The biggest announcement was the company name of the joint entity of Dell and EMC i.e. Dell Technologies.
2. The upcoming single partner program will help partners on both sides towards building comprehensive solutions for their end customers. This acquisition is an opportunity for us.
3. Launch of new products like EMC Unity: Mid-Range EMC Storage array for price sensitive customers.
Venkat Murthy, CEO, 22 by 7 Solutions
1. Under Dell technologies, they will operate as a separate division namely DELL and DELL EMC with defined go-to-markets for each one.
2. Flash continues to be the major focus for EMC product portfolio which will lead to good business opportunity for us.
3. Cloud native storage solutions and hyper converged solutions as focus areas were important announcements too.