Veeam Software, today announced the immediate availability of the Veeam Availability Console, a free management console for service providers delivering Veeam-powered services, such as Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a service (DRaaS), to more efficiently manage, track and invoice for these services. In addition, the Veeam console expands opportunities for resellers and new managed service providers (MSPs) looking to launch a managed backup service business to capture new revenue streams. Veeam Availability Console can also be used by distributed enterprises operating in an IT service delivery model and wanting to offer efficient, centrally managed backup, data protection and disaster recovery services across a distributed multi-cloud environment including on-premises or private cloud, public cloud, remote and branch offices (ROBO), as well as mobile or home workforces.
As cloud adoption grows, the ability to deliver, manage, and monitor IT infrastructure can be difficult. Veeam Availability Console simplifies this and allows Veeam service providers to add value by provisioning, managing, and monitoring Veeam virtual, physical, and cloud solutions for their customers. This in turn enables these partners to generate new revenue streams by offering fully-managed BaaS and DRaaS alongside their traditional business lines.
“Veeam is dedicated to our 16,700 service provider partners who are delivering BaaS and DRaaS services to their customers,” said Danny Allan, Vice President of Product Strategy at Veeam. “Veeam Availability Console makes it easy to deploy, manage and monitor all of their customers’ Veeam-powered services, whether they provide Availability for applications and data in the cloud, in a virtual environment, or on a physical server or laptop. Our strategy is to make it as easy as possible for our partners to provide valuable and profitable services to their customers, and the release of Veeam Availability Console is part of delivering on that strategy.”
Key features of Veeam Availability Console include:
- Simplified customer onboarding, with the ability to centrally provision and manage all customers in one place;
- Remote network discovery of customer environments to deploy Veeam’s virtual, physical and cloud-based Availability solutions;
- Supports virtual, physical and cloud-based servers and endpoints;
- Remote management and monitoring of Veeam backups and replicas for customers in an all-in-one dashboard view;
- Tracking, billing and invoicing to ensure complete, real-time visibility of consumed resources, with white-label invoices;
- Self-service management and status monitoring using a multi-tenant portal by partners and end customers;
- RESTful API to easily integrate Veeam Availability Console functionality into existing management portals and workflows, and automating common management tasks
- Makes it easy for over 16,700 Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) partners to offer managed services, including Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a service (DRaaS), to their customers to add even more value within their Veeam-powered services portfolio
- Maximizes margin, profitability and productivity for service providers and distributed enterprises through centralized management and monitoring of backups and replicas in a multi-tenant, Web-based portal
- Provides business-in-a-box accounting and invoicing of managed services and cloud consumption to help service providers more easily track revenue and expenses
Veeam Availability Console license is free, fully supported for Veeam Cloud and Service Provider (VCSP) partners, and requires no obligation to purchase paid Veeam solutions.
“With Veeam Availability Console we are now able to extend our Veeam-powered cloud offerings even further. Veeam Availability Console delivers even more self-service options, so our partners are able to login and maintain their own customers without having to involve us, making our offerings more agile and easier to manage”, said Benjamin Elveng, Chief Technology Officer at any.cloud, a Veeam platinum VCSP partner.
“Providing efficient, secure and effective managed services to MSPs is critical for our success, and we are excited that Veeam is committed to our success by developing tools that help us build our business. Veeam Availability Console will be a great tool that we can use to deliver a secure, cloud-enabled solution for Availability of our customers’ virtual, physical and cloud-based workloads.” – Kevin Allan, Chief Technology Officer at Probax.